Camping

>> Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Camping is always a bit of a detox experience for me. I never realize until we set up our home on a dirt ground how very dependent I am on things like a toilet that flushes, TV time for the kids, a shower that I can control the temperature of, TV time for the kids, laundry accessibility, the internet, did I mention TV time for the kids?

But surprisingly it doesn't take me too terribly long to stop the twitching withdrawal symptoms and begin to really enjoy the simplicity, the purity and the community of camping with friends.

S has always clarified for me that car camping is totally cushy compared to wilderness camping. The past two years we have even been borrowing my dad's pop up camper which is practically like staying at the Marriott compared to what he would prefer.

But I think he would admit that the following moments were fully enjoyed even in the luxury of a pop-up camper:

L's first canoe trip


Petting a King Snake


Simplicity


Why can't they always treat each other like this?


L and B's trike gang


Hiking


W and G navigating an abandoned boat


Two scraped knees later and countless mosquito bites equal what I would consider to be a pretty successful and fun trip.

1 comments:

Unknown 9:46 PM  

"Wilderness camping" may be easier than camping in a small pop-up camper with a 4 and 2 year old!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP