29 Gifts-Day 6

>> Sunday, June 13, 2010

My gift today was to buy my husband's favorite pastry for him while doing my grocery shopping. I laid it on the counter with a little note and it was several hours into the afternoon before he finally noticed it. I knew he would have a big reaction so I had been anxiously awaiting his realization.

I was in the midst of cooking supper when he saw them and his reaction certainly met my expectations. My husband presents as a very cool, calm, collected, quiet type in most circles but at home he is a loud, goofy, sometimes slightly obnoxious (said with all the love in the world, sweetie) character.

When he saw the package he let out a whoop and grabbed me for a big smooch. What followed gave me a chuckle.

Luckily, our kids haven't reached the age yet where any P.D.A. by their parents is totally gross so W just sat at the table watching the scene unfold. Hubby continued his song of praise for me and finally turned to W and said, "Just so you know, you have the most amazing woman in the world for a mommy."

Dramatic pause.

Crickets....chirp...chirp...

And finally W just replies with,

"Why?"


If you are wondering what I'm talking about with this "29 gifts" read this post here and consider joining me in this movement!

2 comments:

Amy A.,  7:55 PM  

Enjoying your thoughts and feelings as you journey through your gift giving. Thanks for sharing! It's giving me some good ideas too!

Unknown 9:43 PM  

Thanks again for the creme horns and you are the most amazing mommy and wife ever!!!

Your Husband:)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP