29 Gifts-Days 12 and 13

>> Sunday, June 20, 2010

We got to spend some time yesterday with friends of ours who moved away a couple years ago. Since they moved they have adopted two little boys from Haiti. That in itself was an amazing God story.

They started their adoption process before the earthquake thinking it would be another 2-3 years before they would actually get to bring their boys home. Then the earthquake happened and within two MONTHS they were traveling to Miami to pick up their boys! God has done so many amazing things through this situation and it has been awe-inspiring to see it all unfold.

My gift yesterday was to take some of my son's outgrown clothes to them for their boys. We have been so blessed in that area with how many hand-me-downs we have received. My sister has a son three years older than W so I rarely have to buy him a single item of clothing. So far we have received several hand-me-downs for my daughter as well but I must admit, I can't keep myself from still shopping for clothes for her.

In the book one of the statements the author makes is this, "Gratitude keeps my heart open." This is has certainly been the case when it comes to material items for our kids. I've been so grateful for how well we have been provided for and it makes me want to be keenly aware of who else I could pass along these items to. Plus it just seems like a good use of resources: to use, and pass along them along for re-use!

My giving today has been easy and plentiful. Being Father's Day and having the world's best father for a husband makes the giving come naturally. We had fun showering Daddy with his presents this morning although I think he knew what they all were before we gave them to him. Being four years old and keeping a secret does not go hand in hand.

We'll have my in-laws over for dinner tonight and spend some time honoring these great men in our lives. It is unfortunate how rare it is to find good, strong men who are fully invested in their children's lives and I feel blessed beyond belief to be on the receiving end of that gift.

If you are wondering what I'm talking about with this "29 gifts" read this post here and consider joining me in this movement!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP