29 Gifts-Days 14 and 15

>> Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yesterday's giving was a little more subtle than compared to some of the other days. I spent some focused time praying for my sister and niece as they were facing a stressful day of doctor's appointments.

My sweet niece is entering that awkward stage of moving from childhood to womanhood. I don't have fond memories of that stage of life and figure prayer is about the best thing I can do to help ease that transition.

I also spent some time doing some planning/prepping for some gifts I'll be giving later this week so stay tuned for those!

Today's gifts were twofold. I had coffee with a friend who is experiencing a dark life hardship so I bought her drink and gave her my listening ear.

My other gift was to myself. Today marks the 5 year anniversary of what would have been our due date with our first baby. Every year on this day I do two things:
1. Clip a pink rose to enjoy inside from the rose bush we planted in memory of her
2. Bake an angel food cake in memory of our "angel"

These things always feel like a gift to myself.

A gift to validate the pain and grief we experienced.

A gift to remember the sensitivity we have gained because of that experience.

A gift to remind me of the hope and joy that comes in the morning after a long dark night of sadness.

If you are wondering what I'm talking about with this "29 gifts" read this post here and consider joining me in this movement!
Read more...

2 comments:

Emmary 8:20 PM  

Thanks for the wonderful Birthday Gift today. Your friendship means the world to me.

I marvel at your consistent faith. You inspire me!

Sis 3:10 PM  

Your prayers were felt and appreciated, and I love how you "celebrate" loss and rebirth. Love you!!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP