Let it ice, let it ice, let it ice!

>> Thursday, November 30, 2006


The big news around here the past 24 hours is the winter storm warning that is in effect. I think it is so funny how crazy people get when they think snow is coming, especially the first of the season. Last year practically the whole town of Lincoln shut down when the forecasters predicted a sever winter storm. By 9 am the inch of snow we got had melted and I imagined the weather forecasters scratching their heads going, "ooops!" They are predicting 6-12 inches for us and so far the only evidence I see of winter is the layer of ice on my car's front windshield and the static I hear on my phone line. Although even that was enough for me to cancel going to my Thursday lunch/play group. I'm just not motivated to warm up my car, scrape my car, bundle up W, bundle myself up, cram him into his carseat and teeter across icy pavement to our destination. I know, I'm a big baby! I'd just rather enjoy the majesty of winter (if we don't get 6 inches I'm going to be severely disappointed!) from inside my warm, comfortable home!

1 comments:

Unknown 6:41 PM  

The work of bundling and scraping is just too much. I understand.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP