Letterboxing

>> Sunday, November 12, 2006


Ever heard of it? It's my latest addiction other than this blog site. Here's Family Fun magazine's description of it: "...letterboxing...combines hiking with the added element of treasure hunting. Participants get clues online--they might be straightforward directions, clever riddles, or something in between--then follow them to hidden boxes containing a logbook, an ink pad, and a rubber stamp. Upon discovering one, you document the find by "stamping in," marking the box's logbook with your own rubber stamp and a brief message, and stamping your own logbook (a passport of sorts) with the box's stamp." There are several located within 50 miles of me and hundreds throughout Illinois. I was pretty skeptical of the whole idea until I found my first one at a park right outside Lincoln. I was so energized I've been telling everybody I know about it! It's just such a fun way to combine going on a treasure hunt and getting to enjoy the beautiful outdoors. Check out more details at www.letterboxing.org Maybe I'll see you on the trails!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP