...for she loved much.

>> Friday, November 10, 2006

In my quiet time this morning I read a verse I've probably read dozens of times before but for some reason it struck me like a bolt of lightening. Luke 7:47: "Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven--for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little." That statement makes so much sense to me, not only in the context of my own life but in the context of the clients I see and the people I see around me. Forgiveness is love! Those who have been forgiven little in their lives don't know how to love much. If I am grateful for nothing else it should be that my many sins have been forgiven. I want to be like the sinful woman who knew she had nothing to lose by throwing herself with reckless abandon at Jesus' feet. I want to love much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP