MOUSE!

>> Tuesday, November 21, 2006


I am such a wenie when it comes to mice. It just creeps me out. My hubby informed me of our latest houseguest last night right before bed. We've always lived in older apartments and houses so you'd think by now I would be used to our yearly visitors. But all night long I kept waking up thinking I wonder if our traps worked yet...I wonder if the mouse is exploring our bedroom right now...I wonder if mice crawl into cribs and eat baby boys...maybe I should have barricaded W's room somehow. But alas, this morning W was oblivious to the mouse drama occuring in our home. The problem is this mouse seems to be some sort of houdini. Both traps were clean and clear of all the peanut butter we covered them in but also clean and clear of any mice! So hubby officially declared war at 6:30 am this morning and we brought out the secret weapon...cheddar jack cheese and yarn soaked in bacon grease carefully wrapped and knotted around the trigger so there's no way he'll be able to evade the clamp! Ha ha! You may have won the battle little friend but we will win the war!............right?

4 comments:

jwessberg 9:21 PM  

I don't like mice either! We have a few of them at work. They left their droppings in the teacher's bathroom. GROSS! I have to say it motivates the kids to keep their crumbs from snack on their desks.:)

beegracious 10:19 AM  

UPDATE: The mouse did indeed meet his match. We held a proper burial this morning.

Colinator 2:21 PM  

I would rather have caught the mouse and kept it as a pet...but hey...war works too!

beegracious 7:44 PM  

I'll remember your desire for a pet mouse the next time we have a visitor, colinator!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP