Sick boy

>> Friday, November 17, 2006


W is sick yet again. I'm beginning to think our winter is doomed! He was sick the entire month of October and then developed a fever again last weekend. We're on antibiotic number three. My dad says they should just send you home from the hospital with your brand new baby and a gallon of amoxicillin that will last through their childhood. I've decided that I would much rather be sick myself than W be sick. I feel terrible as I lie awake in bed listening to him hack and cough his way through the night so I go in and give him Robitussin which makes absolutely no difference. It at least makes me feel like I'm doing something. I also hate it because I feel so trapped when he's sick! No play groups, no lunches out, no quick trips to Wal-Mart...it feels like we're prisoners in a germ infested house. Plus, diapers are never quite so gag-producing as when he's on an antibiotic. Yuck. So here's hoping another 14 days of the pink bubble-gum "miracle" medicine will truly do it's work this time!

4 comments:

Unknown 7:56 PM  

@ got back to the states and immediately contracted his first ever ear infection. Then to add insult to injury on day 8 of 10 days of amoxicillin he developed a drug rash. We went to the dr. with red splotchy kid and the reception promptly informed me that "he looks like he has measles, you have to go wait in the isolation room." No kidding.

beegracious 10:27 AM  

Thankfully I think sick boy is on the up and up. Thanks for the offer Tammy! Glad he didn't develop "measles!"

Anonymous,  9:59 PM  

Have you tried the cough medicine Delsym? Dr. Sagins recommended as the only cough syrup that's shown consistent results in children. (Of course, we used it with Strider and he was still coughing.)

beegracious 2:16 PM  

Thanks for the Delsym tip, Nikki! We'll be sure to try that in the future. That will probably work even better to appease my conscience since it's Dr. S. approved!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP