Christmas

>> Tuesday, November 28, 2006


I love this season. Call me corny but I love all the traditions that unfold during this month. Starting with getting our tree (which always has to be real and as big as our ceiling will allow) and decorating our house I just enjoy every minute of it! There's something about sitting on my couch with 36 envelopes around me as I try to find addresses of people to send our Christmas cards to that puts a smile on my face. I can't help but giggle when I turn on the radio and hear "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" playing for the 27th time this season. (Tammy, remember Garrett C.'s version?) As much work as it is, my tastebuds require homemade Christmas cookies rolled out and carefully iced. All the little traditions that make this month so fun are what I look forward to for half the year! I admit, it can be easy to get a little too caught up in the cultural traditions we have and forget about what Christmas is all about. So this year I am trying to make an intentional effort and remember why I get to enjoy all the fun traditions of Christmas. Because we are celebrating the birthday of our Savior!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP