Zzzzzz's

>> Thursday, May 10, 2007


I'm tired today. I had one of those sleepless nights last night. You know the kind...where you lay there tossing and turning thinking, "why can't I turn my mind off?" I usually lay there for about an hour thinking, "surely, soon I'll fall asleep." But then I stumble out to the couch hoping some reading will calm my nerves and lure me into the land of Zzzz's.
Last night the burden on my brain was just an overscheduled calendar. May and June are always really busy and for some reason I usually get more stress from the anticipation of it than the actual journey through it. But last night God quieted me with a truth I often forget.
I was reading the story of Deborah in Judges and how she led her people to victory over their oppressors. When her army commander hesitates and seems cowardly she says, "Has not the Lord gone ahead of you?" Those words were what finally brought me sleep. I realized that God is already in June. He's in the busyness preparing the way and there's no reason for me to fear. I can find freedom and peace knowing the victory is already mine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP