Abiding Hope

>> Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's a go. Today I sent out letters to fifty area churches inviting them to refer women experiencing infertility or pregnancy loss to a new group I'm starting at my church. I have been considering this idea since before W was born. I wished there was something like this for me to attend when we were wrestling with our own infertility and miscarriage. I never felt prepared or stable enough to start a group of my own the first time around but now that we're facing it all again the journey is different and I want to provide a place for women to process their pain.
So the past few months I've been researching the possibility of starting a group in our community and when I talked to my church about hosting it they were supportive and encouraged me to go for it. I have no idea what to expect so my expectations are very low. Maybe my "group" will end up consisting of me and one other person but I'm ok with that. Maybe my group will end up being twenty people but I really sort of hope that there aren't that many women experiencing this.
The name of the group is called, "Abiding Hope." I chose that name because I love the definition of the word "abiding." One dictionary defines it this way, "abiding is continuing without change; enduring; steadfast." Women experiencing infertility need a hope that can continue, endure and remain steadfast and this is exactly what I hope to offer through this group.
The scariest part of all of this is that I'm going to be giving my testimony in front of church to invite people to be a part of the group. I'm such a baby when it comes to public speaking. So here's a few requests:
1. Pray for me and my group
2. If you know of someone in my area experiencing infertility or pregnancy loss and you think they could benefit from the group, please give them my info.
3. Got any tips to calm my nerves about the public speaking thing?

2 comments:

bencounter 1:06 PM  

I love the way God uses our stories to intersect others. Thanks for being willing to share your pain for others' benefit. Good job on your willingness! I'll be praying for the public speaking part.

Anonymous,  2:34 PM  

Your title, Abiding Hope, caught my attention because that is part of the title of my new book of inspirational poetry, and I chose it for the same reason you did for your group. May God bless you in what you are doing to help others. I will pray for you, and trust in God to be with you in your speaking. Concentrate on what you are speaking about, and it will go well. If you'd like to read some of my inspirational poetry, please visit www.freewebs.com/conniearnold

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP