Embarrassing moment

>> Thursday, March 01, 2007


I've been driving for the past couple weeks with a rather embarrassing exhaust system problem. It wasn't outrageously loud but enough to make me want to sit a little lower in my seat so as not to be seen. We've been so busy lately that it was one of those tasks that just got put on the "we'll get to it soon" priority list.

Well, yesterday it became a "we'll get to it today" problem. I was out of town, of course, because all car problems happen when you're out of town. All of a sudden it sounded like the engine of my car had fallen out and was dragging behind. If you've ever been to a tractor pull competition it sounded akin to that although I think my car might have been even louder than that. Gas fumes began pouring in through the vents and I wisely figured it probably wasn't such a good idea to continue driving.

Luckily, hubby was able to leave work to come rescue me. Fortunately, the engine had not dropped from the car, but the exhaust system had come disconnected where it meets the engine so he was able to wire it up so it wouldn't fall off and drive it home with me following behind in the other car (which by the way also has muffler issues and a host of other issues but maybe I'll save that for my next blog. We refer to that car as our ghetto car.) Hooray for hubbies who are willing to sacrifice their hearing for their wives!

4 comments:

Unknown 6:38 PM  

People may go in 3's but exhaust systems definitely go in 2's. I think I've done an exhaust system in every vehicle I've ever owned. I'm the queen of the midas touch.

bencounter 9:54 PM  

All Stacy needs is some duct tape and a little aluminum foil. (and he might even be able to use gum instead of duct tape) Sorry you had to drag your exhaust around with you. I wish I could say that never has happened to me.

M 3:26 PM  

Hey Debbie! I don't know if you'll remember me or not. Probably not, but I'll say hi anyway. I'm Maryann. I was a student at EIU and was active at the Campus House until last year. I met you and Stacy a few times at Annual Banquets and such. I ran across your blog and wanted to stop and say a quick hello. Hope you guys are doing well. Feel free to leave a comment on my site if you'd like. The address is http://cantarmusica.blogspot.com/ Have a wonderful day!

M 4:37 PM  

Hey Debbie! I think we will be coming to Annual Banquet. My boyfriend is coming too. I'm singing in a wedding that day also, so if we can make it on time, we will be there. How is everything going for you guys?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP