Fame

>> Wednesday, February 21, 2007


I had a unique opportunity today which was very exciting. Lincoln Christian Seminary presented Diane Langberg as their Lectureship Speaker. I know most people have never heard of her but she is a fairly well known author and speaker in the Christian Counseling world. It was an honor just to get to hear her speak but I happen to have a connection that enabled me to eat lunch with her before her noon Q&A session. Just me, my friend Cindy and Diane. It was very cool.

It's strange when you have read so much of someone's material that when you meet them you feel like you know them and know their heart but they haven't a clue who you are! She's probably the most "famous" person I've ever met and I found myself stumbling over words and feeling like a big idiot. Thank goodness she's a very patient and gracious person. Interesting isn't it, how worked up we can get over just a normal person. Anyway, it was a really neat experience and one that taught me that God can use ordinary people to do extraordinary things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP