Windows

>> Tuesday, July 10, 2007


We've been working on replacing our 70 year old windows in our house slowly. I say we when I really should say hubby and my dad have been replacing them. It's pretty pricey to have someone do it professionally and since I've been blessed with a handy hubby he decided to take on the task with some help from my experienced dad. They started with the broken window in the back and just did two more on the side this past week.
It's almost scary how excited I've been over these new windows. Our previous windows were so completely useless. Only one window in our entire house actually opened all the way and we had to stick a piece of wood in it to keep it up. I've had multiple nightmares of W pulling out the stick and getting his hand chopped off from a guillotine window.
We didn't get anything fancy for our new windows. But even just the basic window is an amazing step up from what we had. I don't have to put towels in the window anymore when it rains, I can clean both sides of the glass, they open at the bottom and the top, I don't have to worry about getting my fingers pinched in rusty, stubborn storm windows, and they even have a child safety feature that doesn't allow it to open anymore than 6 inches. And they lock! We never worried about locking our previous windows because they only opened 6 inches anyway!
Aaahhh, the simple joys of home ownership. Now if the weather would just cool down so I could actually open them...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP