New Job

>> Sunday, July 29, 2007

God's timing is always interesting. Two years ago I was going through the interview process with a counseling service here in town and things were looking like I had a good chance at getting the job. Right about that time the state changed their requirements for the way counseling centers can employ counselors with my level of licensure which meant more expenses for the centers. So the opportunity I had with this local group fell through because they just couldn't afford under this new system to hire someone else. It actually was ok with me because I was pregnant with W at the time and wasn't sure how much I wanted to work once he came along.
Well, less than a month ago I got a call from this same service saying they think they really are in a position to hire someone again and would like to talk more with me about the job. One thing led to another and I start in a few weeks! I was a little hesitant about adding a second day of work because with counseling it's not just two days of work. Two days of clients actually means more like three days of work. But I was too excited about the opportunity to work here in town so I decided not to pass it up.
It's a strange experience starting a new job in your current profession. Every new job I've ever had has been completely new. I've never done it before, there's training, a learning curve, etc. Of course I would be nervous about starting something completely new. But this time, I'm new to this counseling group but not new to counseling. So why do I still feel so nervous?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP