Trust

>> Saturday, January 27, 2007


After W was born, hubby and I thought it would be a good idea to write a Will in case something were to ever happen to us. I thought it would be just a matter of seeing a lawyer to sign a document and we'd be done. A year and a half later we're still working on it! Our attorney recommended drawing up an entire Trust because it makes things a lot easier on everyone, especially W's guardians if we were to die. It has been a huge headache of a process but I think we're almost done so I feel this tremendous burden being lifted.
I think the weirdest part of all this has been being to forced to consider our mortality. It was depressing at times to think about what W's life would be like if we weren't around. It got to the point sometimes when I felt like I was planning on him being an orphan. I'd have to take a step back and realize, "OK, we're still alive, W is still living with us, and everything is still fine!" Setting up our Trust has been an unexpected lesson in trust for me. Learning to trust that God is the ultimate Father and in the event that we weren't around to parent W, he'd be completely safe and provided for in God's hands wasn't an easy lesson. But I guess this demonstrates that God has a way of using our fears to draw us to Him in new and surprising ways.

1 comments:

Unknown 6:52 PM  

Now I'm feeling like a slacker. We have been meaning to rewrite our will to include caretaking for @. But because the idea of thinking of our mortality (which for us would probably mean plane crashes) we have put it off till very nearly the last minute. A trust...gracious...time to put a call into the lawyer, which fortunately for us happens to be Jon's dad.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP