Iowa Baby Shower

>> Sunday, March 27, 2011

I had the great opportunity to take a weekend trip in February to visit a close friend of mine for her baby shower. Thankfully another friend of mine went with me so we had the chance to catch up on the five hour drive which made the time pass so much more quickly.

We had dinner at the Sugar Shack, a 50's style diner with a great Patty Melt and yummy chocolate malt. I'm a sucker for a good malt. Mmmm....


We then headed back to our hotel...


and had a chance to catch up more with the mom-to-be.

The next morning we went to the shower, thrown by the mom-to-be's sister in law. I have to say I'm not sure I've ever been to a baby shower with that much attention to detail! It was so well done and an awesome celebration of this new little life that God created.


C was opening presents for and hour and a half! Can you tell they are stocked and ready for this precious one?! (And this is just a glimpse...)


Yes, this is the gift hubby and I got her. And yes that is a duplicate you see in the background of the EXACT. SAME. THING. Why do registries not really work? Anyway, is she cute or what?


It was a great weekend and I was so glad I got to spend some time with my friend before her life changes forever. It is almost certain that life changes forever when a baby enters the picture. But their story is unique.

Halfway through their pregnancy they discovered that their baby has a rare chromosomal disorder that will affect his health and development in some possibly significant ways. I have been absolutely amazed at the grace with which they received this news. Grieving certainly, but moving forward towards acceptance, determined to prepare themselves for whatever this new journey may bring.

That is love.

Here's a sneak peek at their precious little peanut...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP