29 Gifts-Days 26, 27 and 28

>> Monday, July 05, 2010

My gifts Saturday were fun as well. A longtime friend of mine recently moved into a new house. We stopped by for lunch after my sister and I had run a Freedom Fest 5K together. I had fun putting together a little housewarming basket for them and enjoyed getting to see them happily settled into their gorgeous new home.

Later that night we attended a party for some friends of ours who are moving out of state. I put together a little travel activity bag for their daughter to keep her busy on their long trip to their new home. Sometimes our life feels like a revolving door of friends moving in and out. But we're always thankful for the way these friends bless us even if it's just a short time they are part of our lives.

Yesterday was a busy but fun day. My gift was a spontaneous subtle one at church that morning. Someone had forgotten to prepare snacks for the toddler room so since I was available I helped quickly get some together while the toddlers waited as patiently as toddlers can. It looked like they had about 20 2-3 year olds in their class that morning and having taught the toddler class next door for years I know how very crucial snack time is to the Sunday morning routine.

The rest of the day was spent cleaning and spending some time with family cooking out and waiting for fireworks that night. The 4th is always a long evening since our kids usually go to bed at 8:00. Keeping them occupied and happy until 9 or after can be a bit exhausting. Our fireworks display that night got rained on but not rained out so by the time we got home we were all a great big sopping mess of Off bug spray mixed with rain.

Tonight my gift was a birthday present for my little niece who turned a big 3 yesterday. She had a great little princess party and the cousins had a wonderful time fighting over all the new toys!

Join me tomorrow for my 29th day of 29 giving!


If you are wondering what I'm talking about with this "29 gifts" read this post here and consider joining me in this movement!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP