Christian Women's Conference

>> Friday, April 27, 2007

Ever been caught off guard by what God does in your life? I had one of those moments this past Wednesday. I had signed up to go to the Women's conference LCC puts on mostly because I recognized two of the speakers (Kendra Smiley and Kay Moll). I hate to admit that I had zero expectations for the day. I just wasn't convinced that I was really going to get that much out of it. I know that sounds terrible. One of the other speakers, Priscilla Shirer, reminded us that it was not at all a coincidence that we were there and that God had a very specific message he wanted to get across to us. I'm ashamed to say that I had never even entertained the thought and began to wonder, "OK then, what, God?"
I wish I could say that God had some amazing, life-altering message for me that I heard audibly as I soaked in the word from these wise women. It was more like God reminded me to get back to the basics. Wondering what God's will is? What better way to know that than through studying His word and praying? Allowing fear to creep in and inhibit you from doing God's will? Remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" Spending too much time wishing things were different in life? Enjoy each day because you never know what new challenges the next season of life will bring for you.
I've noticed that I have a changed mindset this week and I find myself more likely to pray about things than worry about things. I've been more likely to want to read His Word than do it out of duty. I've been allowing myself to enjoy each moment of the day rather than hurry through my to-do list. Maybe none of that is supreme revelation...but then again, maybe it is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP